Please read the following carefully if you are considering adopting one of
our wonderful dogs.
- The first step in adopting is filling out an Adoption Application.
A completed application is required for all adoptions.
- Like most rescues, we insist on a home check and a vet check prior to adoption.
- We politely insist that you return the dog to us if for some reason you feel
you cannot keep it. We will take any dog back at any time, no questions asked,
and you know you are returning it to a safe environment where it will not be put
to death. We do feel, however, that in order to give your new pet a fair chance
to show just how wonderful it can be, you should plan to supervise the dog 100%
of the time for at least the first two weeks it is in your home. This means that
for the first couple of weeks your dog should be walked on leash, not simply turned
loose, even in a fenced back yard, and in the house the dog needs to be under the
direct supervision of a responsible adult, or in a crate. While these dogs have all
adjusted beautifully to life at my house, I would not recommend that you immediately
leave them unsupervised in yours. Any dog, no matter how well behaved, might decide
to soil a carpet or chew up a cushion if left alone and unsupervised in a totally
- Payment of our $60 adoption fee is required prior to adoption. This
will not be refunded if you decide not to keep the dog.
- If you adopt a young animal that has not yet been neutered, you must
sign a legally binding contract to have the animal neutered as soon as it
reaches the appropriate age.